GATE 2017: Online Application Procedure at gate.iitr.ernet.in, how to apply for gate 2017 online registration process.
GATE 2017: Online Application Procedure at gate.iitr.ernet.in
The Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) 2017 to be conducted by the IITr for the upcoming session. The registration procedure has already begun. The eligible candidates must apply through the official website by October 10.
To know how to apply for GATE 2017, the candidates must follow the steps mentioned below:
All candidates have to apply only ONLINE. Details of the application fee. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Women candidates – Rs. 750
- SC/ST/PwD category candidates – Rs. 750
- All other candidates – Rs. 1500
For GATE 2017 payments would have to be made through online by using net banking or debit card or e-challan facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.
- The candidates should visit the website, the link for which is: http://gate.iitr.ernet.in
- The candidates must first register by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. All information from the GATE Offices will be sent to this email address (only one person can register with one e-mail address)
- The candidates choose a password during registration procedure at GOAPS, they must remember the password for future reference
- After registration, an email containing the GOAPS enrolment ID will be sent to the candidates
- Thereafter, the candidates must enter the required details
- Submit the same. The application procedure will be completed. The candidates must take a print-out for future use
- The candidates must note that before making the payment,they will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.Once you click “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made
- An application fee of Rs 1,500 and Rs 750 is to be paid by the general and Women/SC/ST/Pwd candidates respectively for the registration procedure.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE Office. With this interface you can
1. Apply for the examination online.
2. Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/ certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
3. Pay the application fee through net-banking or debit card or e-challan.
4. Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
5. Contact the zonal GATE Office in case of any queries/problems.
6. Download Admit Card.
7. View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface uses your GOAPS password. Keep your password information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
Filling in Application Online
1. GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) has the web address
It can also be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2016 Organizing Institute.
2. Registration: A candidate must first register by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. All communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this email address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
GOAPS Password: The candidate chooses a password during Enrollment at GOAPS. This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. It is strongly encouraged to choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd).
3. GOAPS Enrollment ID: Upon registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate.
4. Data Requirement for Application Filling: The following data will be required while filling the form at GOAPS.
- a) Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
- b) Address for Communication (including PIN code),
- c) Eligibility degree details
- d) College address, PIN code of college,
- e) GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities,
- f) High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Section 22.214.171.124, along with what type of photograph is accepted (Section 126.96.36.199).
- g) Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified in Section 188.8.131.52.
- h) Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format.
- i) Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- j) Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
- k) Your net-banking details.
5. Application Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user-friendly. Online help about using GOAPS is also available.
6. Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
7. Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
8. For online payment follow the instructions given in Section 4.4.3 for payment options.
9. Problems in Login into GOAPS –In case of forgotten user ID or password, follow instructions on the GOPAS portal to retrieve them.
Eligibility criteria and necessary supporting documents can be found from the paragraph immediately following Table 4.1.
Candidates who are in SC or ST or PwD category have to upload a valid documentary evidence (Appendix A).
Certificate from Principal
Candidates who mention that they are yet to complete their course, will have to upload a certificate from the Principal. This certificate must mandatorily have the signature and seal of the college Principal with current date.