GATE 2016 Examination : Rules and Regulations For All appearing candidates
Aspirants should pull up their socks as only few days are left for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) exam. The exam is scheduled for January 30, January 31, February 6 and February 7.
All candidates appearing for the GATE 2016 Examination are required to comply with the following Rules and Regulations.
- Candidates appearing for GATE 2016 examination must carry Admit Card and original valid photo-identity proof with them at the examination hall.
- Scribble pads will be provided to the candidates in the examination hall by the invigilators for rough work. Before using such a pad, a candidate is required to write his/her name and registration number on the pad.
- Carrying of a mobile phone (even in the switched-off mode) or any other electronic device that can be used for communication inside the examination hall may lead to disqualification.
- Carrying of printed or hand-written textual material, inside the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
- All forms of communication among the candidates inside the examination hall are strictly prohibited.
- Candidates should not tamper with the computer and the related hardware provided in the examination hall.
- Candidates found to have tampered with these wilfully, may have their candidature cancelled. In addition, appropriate legal action may be initiated against such candidates.
- Any candidate found violating the code of conduct mentioned above or any other means not in line with the code and ethics of the GATE examination may have his/her candidature cancelled. Examination of such a candidate may not be evaluated, even if he/she is allowed to complete the examination. In addition, appropriate legal action may be initiated against all such candidates.