How To Crack GATE 2016 Exam – Tips For Preparation, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2016 tips, how to get good in score in gate exam
How To Crack GATE 2016 Exam – Tips For Preparation
How To Crack GATE 2016 Exam : Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science.
To score excellent marks for any entrance examination, it is imperative that the candidate should prepare well . Even for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE), one of the toughest entrance exams, students have to put in extra effort when studying for the examination.
GATE 2016 would be held on January 30 to February 07, 2016, i.e., there are about 4 months left for the examination date. If you plan on writing GATE 2016, this is the right time to start preparing for it.
The candidates who are appearing for the GATE need to have an in-depth knowledge about the examination.
Here are the some important tips to prepare for GATE 2016:
- Candidates have to know the pattern and syllabus of the examination and they have to prepare according to it.
- Preparation time for GATE is subjective and depends on many factors such as individual’s aptitude, fundamentals, attitude, concentration level etc., Typically, a rigorous preparation of 4-6 months is considered good enough for getting into IISc or IITs.
- Candidates need to collect or buy the best reference books for preparation. These reference books shall cover the complete syllabus, sample question papers and solved papers, as well.
- Make a list of subjects and prioritise them based on the marks allotted to them. Now, create a timetable with distribution of subjects. Note that, if the distribution is not prepared, then you usually end up learning random topics, which may lead to confusion at the end.
- Start reading all the chapters and prepare short notes on all important points. In this way, your revision is also complete. These short notes will also be useful for your last-minute revision.
- Solve objective type (especially numerical) questions as much as possible.
- While solving problems, students must have a balance between speed & accuracy.
- It may not be possible to cover the entire syllabus. Whatever topics you decide to study, make sure that you know everything about it.
- Join a reliable coaching institute which has experienced faculty which will prepare you for your exam.
- Do not practice questions in rough paper, as there may be questions you need to go through at the time of revision.
- Go through previous year papers (say last ten years), to check your knowledge and note the distribution of different topics.
- Finish a detailed reading of all topics you plan to cover at least one and half months before. Keep one month for revisions and clearing leftover doubts. Have a look of questions you solved during preparation for GATE and remember how you solved them.
- Do not strain yourself till the last minute. Leave all your books aside for a few days before the exam. Have a good time and relax.